Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation
The main tasks of the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation
The AWF's main tasks are as follows:
- Development of weightlifting in the country.
- Strengthening the public health, the effect of physical education and comprehensive harmonious development.
- Improvement of the high-level athletes training system, preparation of reserve forces.
- Ensuring the successful performance of the national team of Azerbaijan in the Olympic Games, World and European championships and other international competitions.
- Development and strengthening the relations with Foreign National Federations, the International Weightlifting Federation and other international sports organizations.
- Protection of rights and interests of the weightlifting athletes, coaches and other specialists, taking care of weightlifting sport veterans.
- Carrying out the wide organizational activities aimed at inadmissibility of dopings, muscle pills and other medicines prohibited in the sport of weightlifting; fighting against anti-sport cases; ensuring the conformance with moral and ethical rules.
- Saving, expansion and improvement of the material-and-technical base of weightlifting.
- Rendering assistance to weightlifting clubs and sections operating in cities and regions.
- Popularizing and promoting the sport of weightlifting among the country’s population.
- Rendering public services in the field of physical education and sports.