Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
on approval of the Statute on the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Azerbaijan, structure of the Ministry and identifying the number of employees of its administration
To ensure action of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan I hereby decree:
1. ‘Statute on the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan’ shall be approved (attached).
2. ‘Structure on the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan’ shall be approved (attached).
3. The number of the employees of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall be identified 110 persons.
4. Within a month the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan should:
4.1. present proposals on unification of valid legal acts to this decree to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
4.2. to settle matters under this decree.
5. This decree is effective from the date of publication.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Baku, April 18th, 2006.
The statute was published in the “Azerbaijan” newspaper (April 19th, 2006, #84).
In the “Collection of Legislative Acts of the Republic of Azerbaijan” (April 30th, 2006, # 4, Article 324).
With additions and changes according to Decrees of October 16th,2006, #470; June 8th, 2008, #794; August 6, 2008; #808, November 11th, 2008, #14; December 21st,2009, #195; February 10th, 2010, #219; October 1st, 2010, #339; February 15th, 2011, #381.
Approved by Decree #392
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Baku, April 18th, 2006.
Statute on the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan
I. General Provisions
1. 1. The Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan (hereinafter - the Ministry) is a central executive body in charge of public policy and regulation in the field of youth, physical education and sports (hereinafter - the relevant field) in the country.
2. The Ministry follows the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan, decrees and orders of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, orders and resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, international treaties acceded to by the of the Republic of Azerbaijan and this Statute.
3. While fulfilling its duties and rights, the Ministry acts jointly with other executive bodies, local self-government bodies and non-governmental organizations.
4. The Ministry possesses an independent balance, state property at its disposal as per legislation, treasury and bank accounts, own seal featuring the State emblem of the Republic of Azerbaijan and its name, relevant stamps and forms.
5. The maintenance and operating expenses of the Ministry are funded on account of the Republic of Azerbaijan and other sources prescribed in legislation.
6. The Ministry is located in Baku.
II. The activities of the Ministry
7. The activities of the Ministry are as follows:
7.1. taking part in development of a unified state policy in the relevant field and ensuring the implementation of this policy;
7.2. direct the powers, the capabilities and the creative abilities of the youth at implementation of duties on national state establishment, at realizing economic and social development programs;
7.3. provide propaganda of of patriotism and citizenship values among the youth;
7.4. other activities prescribed in legislation.
III. Duties of the Ministry
8. the Ministry shall fulfill the following duties in accordance with this Statute:
8.1. implement normative regulation in the respective sphere in cases prescribed in legislation;
8.2. ensure execution of state programs and development concepts;
8.3. coordinate action of executive power bodies and non-governmental organizations in the respective sphere;
8.4. ensure the execution of international treaties acceded to by the Republic of Azerbaijan;
8.5. implement state control in the respective sphere in cases and manner stipulated by legislation;
8.6. ensure implementation of scientific-technical achievements in the respective sphere taking into account advanced international experience, realization of researches and application of their results in practice;
8.7. participate in making of long-term plans by executive power bodies for development of the respective sphere in places;
8.8. take actions for protection of state secret and confidentiality regime, also security actions according to activities according to legislation;
8.9. ensure awareness of population on its activity, designing the website, placement of public information to be disclosed according to legislation on this website and constant updating this information;
8.10. design the unified information system in the respective sphere;
8.11. develop and realize projects of broadcasts of TV and radios covering the respective sphere;
8.11. ensure effective use of budget funds, credits, grants and other funds allotted to the respective sphere;
8.12. identify the demand for specialists in the field of physical education and sports, ensure personnel training in the respective sphere, contribute to specialists to learn international experience, to take actions for extra education;
8.13. ensuring the financing of the subordinated state education establishments according to legislation;
8.14. organize discussion clubs of the youth, including students on universal and national values, issues in field of building the democratic society;
8.15. help solve education and social problems of the youth, formation of creative environment for them, arrange exhibitions, festivals, concerts, plays for this goal;
8.16. organize with respective executive power bodies giving methodical advices in study of modern management and bases of market economy by the youth, fruitful formation of production, realization of business activities, creation of farms;
8.17. operate with respective executive power bodies and non-governmental organizations in field of protection of rights of the youth and their social protection, promote employment of the youth;
8.18. apply for solution of problems of disabled youth, in particular those disabled in war by respective executive power bodies;
8.19. raise issues before respective executive power bodies on solution of social, domestic problems of young families, make programs and take other necessary measures;
8.20. take measures to remove the youth from drug addiction, crime and other harmful habits and raise in healthy lifestyle, take close part for this goal in events arranged by respective executive power bodies and non-governmental organizations;
8.21. make and implement programs with respective executive power bodies on participation of young students in formation of state and public-political life of country, discovering their creative potential;
8.22. take measures to identify the role of physical training and sport in field of harmonic and multilateral development of personality, training of the youth for labor and defence of homeland, strengthening their health and effectively organizing their leisure;
8.23. promotion and outreaching of physical education and sports in the country as well as the social significance of sports and physical education in media, strengthening public health and physical development, to ensure the explanation of a healthy lifestyle, identify forms and methods of propaganda;
8.24. ensure the protection and strengthening of health of children, schoolchildren and students in education establishments and pre-school institutions via physical training and sport, make norms for physical training of children and juniors in such institutions;
8.24. approval of program and standards on various sports types within its authority;
8.25. create the network of child-youth sport and specialized Olympic resources child-youth sport schools in the country, direct, coordinate their actions, make and approve exemplary learning programmes and plans for sport schools;
8.26. contribute to the disabled youth to go in for sports and physical training, partake in sport competitions, organize domestic and international sport competitions, Paralympics, Deaflympics and World Special Olympics among such youth and ensure participation of disabled athletes in these competitions;
8.27. implement state registration and state technical review of mechanical transport means of legal and physical persons designed for contest and sport purposes;
8.28. arrange making of norms and rules of use of physical training and sports facilities and equipment to ensure the involvement of population in healthy lifestyle and effective use of such facilities and equipment;
8.29. approve a Unified calendar plan of domestic and international contests and trainings and ensure their realization;
8.30. approve methodical, normative documents regulating rules of sport contests and arrangement of activities in traditional and new sports types;
8.30-1. ensure the recognition of sports types and sports disciplines used in the territory of the country accordingly;
8.31. development and approval of the state register of sports as well as the national sports, the list of the of the disciplines, codes of sports types and sports disciplines ;
8.32. ensure logistics of national teams by disciplines, approve their membership and coaches, organize training, and ensure participation of these teams in international contests, world and European championships, in Olympics, with the National Olympic Committee, coordinate development of network of respective executive power bodies, legal persons, NGOs, all sport schools and Olympic training centers and give the methodical recommendations;
8.32-1. official permit for transferring the athletes included in the national teams from one sports organization (sports clubs and other sports-oriented entity) to another as well as an official permit to contracts concluded with the athletes being members of national teams and the rules of transferring the athletes from one sports organization to another;
8.33.control over the implementation of comprehensive actions for ensuring bio-medical scientific-methodical assurance of national teams as well as establishment of scientific groups in all kinds sports types, and their activities;
8.34. approve records of Azerbaijan in sports types, submit documents on approval of world and European records to respective international sports organizations;
8.35. study need of physical training and sport organizations, population, specially athletes for sports appliances and clothes, help organize their production or acquisition;
8.36. make and approve statutes on degrees for physical training and sport employees, also statutes on granting specialization degrees to coach-teachers, instructor-methodologists;
8.37. accredit NGOs, federations and other bodies operating in field of sports in the country;
8.37-1. accredit legal entities implementing sports lottery games in manner established by legislation;
8.38. make and approve norms in field of rendering sport-health service to population;
8.39. act in world antidoping movement and take actions to fight doping in sports;
8.40. take actions to strengthen and develop logistics of bodies in the structure of the Ministry, to improve and develop the structure and activity of the Ministry;
8.41. review applications and complaints on the activity of the Ministry and take actions in accordance with legislation;
8.42. to fulfill other duties prescribed in legislation.
IV. Rights of the Ministry
9. The Ministry shall have the following rights:
9.1. develop legislative acts in the respective sphere or partake in making of them;
9.2. make proposals on main directions of state policy in the respective sphere;
9.2. making initiative on acceding the Republic of Azerbaijan to international treaties in the respective field;
9.4. make proposals on attracting investments in the respective sphere;
9.5. to file application and get information to and from public and self-management bodies as well as individuals and legal entities on necessary information (documents);
9.6. cooperate with international organizations, respective public bodies (entities) of foreign states, study their experience;
9.7. make proposals on holding international events in the respective sphere;
9.7-1. represent officially the Republic of Azerbaijan in international competitions, identify the phycucal education and sports organizations for this purpose;
9.8. give opinion on activities, make analysis and summarization, analytic materials, studies and proposals;
9.9. take actions for training and improvement of specialists within funds allocated for this purpose;
9.10.arrange trainings, courses, seminars and other events;
9.11. involve freelance experts and specialists in its action in manner established in legislation;
9.12. publish special bulletins and other publications, design and use web site;
9.13. make and approve recommendations, instructions and other documents with respective executive power bodies in cases and manner prescribed in legislation;
9.14. analyze social and domestic problems of the youth, especially young families and make proposals on their solution;
9.15. implement complete analysis and forecasting of main directions of development of physical training and sports;
9.16. collect statistical reports from child-youth sport and specialized Olympic resources child-youth sport schools, analyze and submit to respective executive power bodies;
9.17. grant honor sport titles, award employees, actives in field of physical training and sport, representatives of sport clubs and organizations, make presentation to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on granting honor title ‘Honor Figure of Physical Training and Sport of the Republic of Azerbaijan’, orders and medals;
9.18. exercise other rights prescribed in legislation.
V. Organization of the Ministry’s activity
10. Administration of the Ministry and its subordinate agencies and other organizations within its structure (legal entities, organizations, etc.) as well as the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic shall be considered as a single system of the Ministry. The Ministry carries out its activities directly and through these entities.
11. Approval of the Ministry's structure and the number of its employees shall be provided by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The list of agencies that are not included in the structure of the Ministry (legal entities, organizations, etc.) shall be approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
12. The Minister who is appointed and dismissed by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall manage the activity of the Ministry. The Minister shall be personally liable for fulfillment of duties and exercising the rights obliged to him.
13. The Minister shall have two deputies appointed and dismissed by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Deputies Minister shall to fulfill the duties obliged to them by the Minister and shall be personally responsible for it.
14. The Minister shall:
14.1. Organize and direct the activity of the ministry;
14.2. approve the regulations of structural units and subordinated agencies of administration, and submit the charters of legal entities for approval in established manner;
14.3. approve the structure, salaries and number of employees within the limits of administration, local and other bodies, staff costs within schedule and allocated budget estimate;
14.4. appoint and dismiss the employees of the administration, and the heads of subordinate structures and other entities (legal entities, organizations, etc.), make presentations for appointing the heads of subordinate local agencies in manner prescribed in legislation, also appoint and dismiss as other employees, take motivation and disciplinary measures against them, and exercise other powers as prescribed in legislation;
14.5. make mandatory orders and instructions in accordance with legislation, adopt (sign) regulatory legal acts, arrange their execution and conduct control;
14.6. cancel the orders of the ministry officials contradicting the legislation;
14.7. Represent the Ministry.
15. Establish the board composing minister (chairman), his deputies, the Minister of Youth and Sports of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic, senior officials of the Ministry's structure, senior employees of organizations operating in the relevant sphere, representatives of the National Olympic Committee. The composition of the Board may include also experts and scientists.
16. The number of members of the Board shall be approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
17. The Board meetings shall discuss matters related to the activities of the Ministry and make decisions accordingly.
18. Meetings of the Board shall be valid in case of participation half of its members. Decisions of the Board shall be adopted by a simple majority vote of its members. In case of equality of votes, the vote of the Board Chairman shall be considered as the casting vote.
19. Decisions of the Board shall be documented and approved by the Minister.
20. In case of disagreement between the members of the Board, the Minister shall inform the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan and execute its decision. The members of the Board may submit their personal opinions to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
21. In case of necessity, the heads of other executive agencies and organizations as well as representatives of non-governmental organizations may be invited to the meetings of the Board.
22. Public councils, centers and commissions may be established within the Ministry concerning its activity. The regulations of those public councils, centers and commissions centers shall be approved by the Minister.
Approved by Decree #392, of April 18th, 2006
of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Structure of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan
1. Administration of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan (departments and sectors)
2. Entities included in the structure of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan:
- Youth and Sports Head Offices of Baku, Ganja, Sumgait,